PRINT AS PDF
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education’s Standard II concerns an institution’s ethics and integrity. Under the new accreditation process, Standard II has not yet been widely cited for follow-up. During June 2019, 11% of follow-up cases involved Standard II (among other standards).
Under the standards that were adopted in 2014, the most common reasons for follow-up under Standard II are:
- Campus climate that fosters respect among all constituencies: 29% of Standard II follow-up cases
- Honesty and truthfulness in all publications and communications: 14% of Standard II follow-up cases
- Internal controls and processes to ensure ongoing consistent ethical behavior: 14% of Standard II follow-up cases
- Compliance with all applicable federal, state, and Commission policies and regulations: 14% of Standard II follow-up cases
- Periodic assessment of the effectiveness of institutional policies and procedures: 14% of Standard II follow-up cases
In 71% of cases, follow-up occurred in conjunction with the Annual Institutional Update (AIU). 29% of cases concerned a warning and monitoring report.